fairgrounds (plural fairgrounds)
- Alternative spelling of ; the grounds where a fair is held.
- At other times of the year, the county fairgrounds are used for a variety of events, such as revival meetings and high-school graduations.
- If the town doesn't have a nearby fairgrounds, then any sizeable empty field will do for a carnival.
- This variant is often chosen when the site is for a recurring fair, as opposed to a happenstance itinerant one
- While this is plural, the use is sometimes treated as singular.
- plural of