See also: fallaway
- (intransitive) To cease to support a person or cause.
- After the divorce, all his friends fell away one by one.
- Bible, Luke viii. 13
- These […] for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
- To get worse. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- To diminish in size or weight.
- To diminish in intensity.
- One colour falls away by just degrees, and another rises insensibly.
- To perish; to vanish; to be lost.
- How […] can the soul […] fall away into nothing?