Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To run while carrying a backpack on a multi-day trail.
- 2011, John Vonhof, Fixing Your Feet: Prevention and Treatments for Athletes, →ISBN, page 361:
- In 1987, with fellow runner Will Uher, John fastpacked the 211-mile John Muir Trail in the Sierra Nevada in 8 1/2 days, carrying a 30-pound pack.
- To to backpacking with the goal of maximising the distance traveled every day.
- 2004 May, Katy Schafer, “The Challenge”, in Backpacker, volume 32, number 156, page 87:
- It was slowing her down in adventure races, and it was complicating her plans to fastpack a bunch of trails in New Zealand.