Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- In a fearful manner; characterized by fear.
- I stepped fearfully into the pitch-dark cave.
- (Britain, dated) very; very much.
- He's a fearfully good striker.
- 1884, Saddlers, Harness Makers, and Carriage Builders' Gazette, London: John Kemp, 1 November, 1884, Vol. XIV, pp. 155-6, 
- Remember, when a horse is on its side the kicking-strap is useless, and the breechen nearly so, to prevent the swing of its hind legs; your aim is to get it away from the steps or wheel-plate of the trap, which, in its struggles, may cut its legs fearfully.