Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (informal, rare) Exaggerated, stubborn, or aggressive femininity; female machismo.
- 1996 October 13, westel [username], “Re: May/December Emotional Facelifts”, in alt.support.divorce, Usenet:
- All feminists' talk about a woman's superior ability to identify and express their feelings is just that, TALK. It's just more femismo designed to inflate the deflated self-esteems of mean spirited women.
- 2000, Marilyn Maxwell, Male Rage, Female Fury: Gender and Violence in American Fiction, University Press of America (2000), →ISBN, page 117:
- Do these women, like Damon Cross in Wright's The Outsider or Bigger Thomas in Native Son, succeed in establishing their own autonomy only through violence, forging a "femismo" or female counterpart to the "machismo" brutality of a Mailer protagonist?
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:femismo.