Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /fɪɹsli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /fɪəsli/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: fierce‧ly
- In a fierce manner.
- The wind blew fiercely and the rain fell heavily.
- 1879, R[ichard] J[efferies], chapter 1, in The Amateur Poacher, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., […], →OCLC:
- They burned the old gun that used to stand in the dark corner up in the garret, close to the stuffed fox that always grinned so fiercely. Perhaps the reason why he seemed in such a ghastly rage was that he did not come by his death fairly. And why else was he put away up there out of sight?—and so magnificent a brush as he had too.
- extremely; to a large degree
- fiercely competitive
- a fiercely loved woman
- a fiercely proud father
- fiercely disappointed
- fiercely loyal
- fiercely independent
in a fierce manner