Jump to navigation Jump to search
- shining unsteadily or vary rapidly in brightness (referring to a light or a source of light)
- 1960 August, R. K. Evans, “Railway Modernisation in Spain”, in Trains Illustrated, page 494:
- With 3,600 h.p. underfoot, acceleration was reasonably brisk, but the flickering wheel-slip indicator light showed the prudence of not putting full power through the traction motors while there were traces of early-morning dampness on the rails.
flickering (plural flickerings)
- A short, uncertain burst.
- Even after the acrimonious breakup, she still felt flickerings of love for him.