- IPA(key): /ˌflɒksɪˌnɒsɪˌnɪhɪlɪˈpɪlɪfɪ.keɪt/, /ˌflɒksɪˌnɔːsɪˌnaɪɪlɪˈpɪlɪfɪ.keɪt/
floccinaucinihilipilificate (third-person singular simple present floccinaucinihilipilificates, present participle floccinaucinihilipilificating, simple past and past participle floccinaucinihilipilificated)
- (colloquial) To describe, estimate or regard something as worthless.
1998 December 30, Ahasuerus, “Re: Authors On This Newsgroup”, rec.arts.sf.written, Usenet:
- Not to floccinaucinihilipilificate your other theories, Graydon, but perhaps it would be beneficial to answer this question first?
2000 February 16, Jens Ayton, “Re: [I] Book Review”, alt.fan.pratchett, Usenet:
- The fact that you couldn't manage to do that and spell at the same time is downright pitiable. I feel inclined to floccinaucinihilipilificate you entirely.
2004 June 15, Peter Fairbrother, “Re: Factoring paper is wrong”, sci.crypt, Usenet:
- If you are impolite to us, we will ignore you and diss you and publicly or privately floccinaucinihilipilificate your work just because you were rude.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:floccinaucinihilipilificate.