Jump to navigation Jump to search
floweret (plural flowerets)
- A floret, or small or component flower
- 1828, Thomas Gent, Poems (1828):
- And, hark! she whispers in the zephyr's voice, Lift up thy head, fair floweret, and rejoice!
- 1879, James Stevenson, Illustrated Catalogue Of The Collections Obtained From The Indians Of New Mexico And Arizona In 1879:
- Handsome piece, with floweret at the apex, scrolls on the side, and a scalloped band around the middle.
- 1894, John Muir, The Mountains of California:
- The domestic sheep, on the contrary, is only a fraction of an animal, a whole flock being required to form an individual, just as numerous flowerets are required to make one complete sunflower.