Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfəʊldɪŋ ˌstʌf/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfoʊldɪŋ ˌstʌf/
- Hyphenation: fold‧ing stuff
- (slang) Banknotes, paper money.
- 1968, Roy P. Stewart, Country Boy Hornbook, Oklahoma City, Okla.: Oklahoma Publishing Company, OCLC 642389909, page 83:
- Folks around here 18 or 20 years ago who belonged to the writers' and poetry clubs and listened to a handsome, virile, teller of tales named Louis L'Amour, may be glad to know Louie seems to have caught up in Hollywood with some of that green, folding stuff he started reaching for long ago.