Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: foodbank
food bank (plural food banks)
- A charitable non-profit organization that distributes mostly donated food to a wide variety of agencies that in turn feed the hungry.
- 2020 April 8, Nicholas Kulish, “‘Never Seen Anything Like It’: Cars Line Up for Miles at Food Banks”, in New York Times:
- Food banks are large warehouses or distribution centers that supply local storefronts known as food pantries, but also hand food directly to some individuals. They are a relatively recent feature of American life.
- 2022 November 16, “News in Brief: Help for food banks”, in RAIL, number 970, page 24:
- Five Greater Anglia stations will become food bank collection points again until December 12, thanks to an initiative by ticket office clerk Michael King.
a non-profit, charitable organization that distributes food to feed the hungry