Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In human sexual behavior, the acts at the beginning of a sexual encounter that serve to build up sexual arousal, sometimes in preparation for sexual intercourse or another act meant to bring about orgasm.
- (intranstive) To engage in foreplay.
2002, M. D. Bifford Debs, The Writer - Page 102:
- I decided, while we were foreplaying, that I must get a supply, just in case.
2005, Charles E. Schwarz, The Lonely Detective Gets Nasty and Other Murder Mysteries - Page 65:
- We grabbed each other, roughly kissing and tossing covers and pillows about in our frantic lovemaking. We foreplayed and foreplayed, teased and teased again.
2011, Katie MacAlister, It's All Greek to Me:
- While they were making love? It was true they weren't actually engaged in intercourse, but this certainly counted as foreplay. Iakovos stared down at her in complete disbelief. He'd never, ever had a woman fall asleep while he was foreplaying.