Jump to navigation Jump to search
foresheet (plural foresheets)
- (nautical) one of the sheets (ropes) that controls the foresail
- 1864, Oliver Optic, The Soldier Boy; or, Tom Somers in the Army:
- Tom sprang to the position which had been occupied by the spokesman of the party, and grasping the foresheet and the tiller of the boat, he soon brought her up to the wind.
- 1907, Stewart Edward White and Samuel Hopkins Adams, The Mystery:
- They saw him board, neatly running the small boat under the schooner's counter; they saw the foresheet eased off and the ship run up into the wind; then the foresail dropped and the wheel lashed so that she would stand so.
one of the ropes that controls the foresail