Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) to make into a fossil
- 1989, Grant Naylor, Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers:
- Most of the booths had been scooped clean by the scalpel-sharp corner of the glacier in the crash. Three remained. Two of them were punctured and, inside, the once-human occupants had been fossilized into the walls by centuries upon centuries of patient ice.
- (intransitive) to become a fossil
- (figuratively, by extension, intransitive) To become inflexible or outmoded.
- (figuratively, by extension, transitive) To make antiquated, rigid, or fixed; to deaden.
to make into fossil