Jump to navigation Jump to search
- present participle of found
- 1944 November and December, A Former Pupil, “Some Memories of Crewe Works—II”, in Railway Magazine, page 343:
- So after learning a great deal about iron founding and much more about pike fishing, one regretfully took leave of a shop full of kindly characters and proceeded to a worse lot of odours in the brass foundry.
founding (plural foundings)
- The establishment of something.
- the founding of the republic
- 2005, Donatella Della Porta, Sidney G. Tarrow, Transnational Protest and Global Activism
- Do foundings of transnational organizations appear to spur foundings of national organizations, or vice versa?
establishment of something
founding (not comparable)
- Who or that founds (establishes or starts) or founded.
- The founding fathers of our country.
who or that founds or founded
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:English/aʊndɪŋ/2 syllables
- English non-lemma forms
- English verb forms
- English terms with quotations
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English adjectives
- English uncomparable adjectives
- English terms with usage examples