- (borrowed) The French language.
- Look, I don't parlez vous francais, so speak to me in English.
- A franchise (right granted by a government)
- A franchise (acknowledgement of a corporation's existence)
- A franchise (authorization granted for distribution of goods or services)
- A franchise (exemption from jurisdiction)
- A franchise (right to vote at an election)
- (sports) A franchise (collection of organizations in a sport team's history)
- (business, marketing) A franchise (positive influence on the buying behaviour of customers)
- A franchise (loose collection of fictional works pertaining to a particular universe)