Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Permission.
- I've got authorization. Call the office and you'll see.
- (countable) An act of authorizing.
- 1966, Education at Berkeley, page 116:
- Our proposal thus envisages a new procedure for the authorization of experimental program
- 1985 May, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, volume 41, number 5, page 46:
- His authorization of decapitation targeting is incompatible with his theory of limited war
- 1990, Horst Ungerer, The European monetary system: developments and perspectives, page 36:
- Its purpose is to govern the authorization of credit institutions and the provision of financial services throughout the EC.
- (countable) (A document giving) formal sanction, permission or warrant.
- Can I see your authorization?
- (government) Permission, possibly limited, to spend funds for a specific budgetary purpose.
- We've had the authorization for years, but we've never gotten an appropriation.
formal sanction, permission or warrant
power or right to give orders