Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: French fries
- (chiefly Canada, US) Strips of deep-fried potatoes. These potatoes have been frenched (cut into strips).
- These french fries are soggy.
- French fries are my favorite vegetable dish.
- He eats too many french fries.
- French fries is a specialty of the house.
The cooking term french, as used in french fry, is not inherently capitalized because it has lost its connection to the country France.
- chips (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand)
- fries (US, Canadian)
- freedom fries (US, dated)
- French-fried potatoes
deep fried strips of potato