Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a frightening or terrifying manner.
- Very; beyond usual expectation so as to cause surprise or concern.
- 2013 June 22, “Snakes and ladders”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 76:
- Risk is everywhere. […] For each [kind] there is a frighteningly precise measurement of just how likely it is to jump from the shadows and get you. “The Norm Chronicles” […] aims to help data-phobes find their way through this blizzard of risks.
- The pitcher that was set before me was frighteningly large.