Jump to navigation Jump to search
- plural of
Shortening of futures contract.
futures (plural futures)
- Short for .
- 1955, Leander D. Howell, Price risks for cotton and cotton products and means of reducing them:
- Changes in spread between prices of cotton sheeting and twill and prices of cotton futures were relatively less than those indicated for print cloth.
- 1986, Review of Research in Futures Markets, volume 5-6, page 53:
- The percentage of times the American futures call option is priced below the European index call option decreases noticeably when the futures is at a premium to the index.
- 1996, Ren-Raw Chen, Understanding and Managing Interest Rate Risks, page 75:
- A Eurodollar futures is a futures contract that at the expiration of the futures contract
- 2010, He Huang, Macroeconomic News Effects in Commodity Futures and German Stock and Bond futures markets, →ISBN:
- Our study is the first to investigate the price reaction of two broad commodity futures indices to several US macroeconomic announcements.
- 2010, Mark H. Melin, High-Performance Managed Futures:
- the raw risk disclosure that managed futures is not a conservative investment.
- 2010, Andrew M. Chisholm, Derivatives Demystified:
- A bond futures is a commitment to deliver or take delivery of a notional bond on a future date or between a range of dates.
- 2011, Joe Duarte, Trading Futures For Dummies, →ISBN, page 281:
- Corn, soybeans, and other agricultural futures are excellent contracts to allow someone else to trade for you, either through a commodity fund that specializes in these markets or an advisor with a good record who knows what he's doing.
- 2013, John Hull, Sirimon Treepongkaruna, David Colwell, Fundamentals of Futures and options markets, page 350:
- If the futures market is normal, an American call futures is worth more than the corresponding American spot call option, while an American put futures is worth less than the corresponding American spot put option.
futures contract — see futures contract
- plural of
futures f pl