Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: gem
gêm f (plural gêmau)
- game, contest
- Gêm ddwl yw criced. ― Cricket is a silly game.
- (sports) fixture
- game (hunted animals and birds)
- Like many other unnaturalised, g-initial, feminine singular nouns derived from English, gêm does not undergo soft mutation following the article (y); however, any adjective that modifies gêm mutates as it normally would. Conversely, gêm always undergoes nasal mutation to ngêm.
- gêm geiliog f (“cockfight”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- “gêm, gâm, giâm” in Geiriadur Prifysgol Cymru.