Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: galáctico
galactico (plural galacticos)
- (soccer) A football superstar.
- 2009 February 23, “Editorial: Brown in Berlin, image and reality”, in The Guardian:
- The danger about each of Mr Brown's weekend initiatives - his appearance as a galactico in Team Europe and his robust hostility to excessive lending - is that each may be more tactical than strategic, more appearance than reality.
- 2009 July 7, “Ronaldo rocks 80,000 fans at Bernabeu”, in Toronto Star:
- Perez has promised a return of the "galactico" era at Madrid after initiating the original one from 2000-06 with the blockbuster signings of Zinedine Zidane, Beckham, Luis Figo and Brazil's Ronaldo.
- Alternative form of