Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The chemical generation of electricity.
- The therapeutic use of electricity directly applied to the body.
- 1887, Harriet W. Daly, Digging, Squatting, and Pioneering Life in the Northern Territory of South Australia, page 101:
- The sudden application of galvanism to bands of savages may fairly rank as a new sensation, and they, thinking the wire held this strange and mysterious power, wisely left it alone.
- 1892, Journal of Electrotherapeutics: Volume 10
- Erb and Remak in Germany, Beard and Rockwell and Althans in America, have used it with advantage, in the forms of galvanisms and faradisms, in the treatment of joint troubles.
chemical generation of electricity
therapeutic use of electricity
galvanism n (uncountable)