get a wiggle on
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic, colloquial) To hurry up.
1907, Louis Joseph Vance, chapter 16, in The Brass Bowl:
- “If yeh're goin' to see yer fren', yeh better get a wiggle on. He won't last long.”
1910, Stewart Edward White, chapter 17, in The Rules of the Game:
- Get a wiggle on you, fellows. We'll never get out at this rate.
- 1915, John Galsworthy, The Little Man, sc. 1:
- AMERICAN: My eggs! Get a wiggle on you!
- WAITER: Yes, sare.
- 2008 June 11, "Counties set to defy Modi diktat," indianexpress.com (India) (retrieved 20 May 2011)
- “If it is up to Cricket Australia to come up with rules and regulations, then maybe they would like to get a wiggle on because this thing is about to start.”