get it (third-person singular simple present gets it, present participle getting it, simple past got it, past participle got it or gotten it)
- Used other than as an idiom: see get, it.
- If you order the pizza, I'll go get it.
- To understand, to catch on.
- If they aren't getting it, explain it a different way.
- I thought it was hilarious, but she didn't get it.
- (idiomatic) To get what's coming to one: to feel someone's wrath; to receive punishment; to receive a retaliation; to receive a beating.
- After the way she spoke to him, she's really going to get it this time.