Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- enPR: gĭl'yən, jĭl'yən; IPA(key): /ˈɡɪljən/, /ˈdʒɪljən/
- Note: the pronunciation with either a hard or soft g is meant to correspond to how the speaker pronounces the initial g of giga-
- Rhymes: -ɪljən
- (rare) A thousand million, proposed as an alternative to the (now little used) British milliard and the (ambiguous, in the UK, and unclear on an international scale) US billion.
gillion (plural gillions)
- (slang, hyperbolic) An unspecified large number (of).
- See also Wikisaurus:zillion.