Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand) Prejudice or discrimination against people with red hair.
- 1997, Oliver Double, Stand Up!: On Being a Comedian, page 219:
- Gingerism is popular with comedians and audiences, and just as addicts take methadone instead of heroin, ginger gags are a safe, controlled substitute for ....
- 2004 July 22, “Red alert over an annoying prejudice.”, in Huddersfield Daily Examiner:
- A young girl asked the website: "What is the difference between racism, gingerism and sexism? "Nothing, that's what.
- 2007 June 14, “Red hair bullying cases could end up in court”, in The Register:
- Gingerism in the workplace could form the basis of formal grievances or constructive dismissal cases, an employment lawyer has warned.