Jump to navigation Jump to search
gink (plural ginks)
- (originally US slang) A guy, a fellow, especially (derogatory) a foolish, unworldly, or socially inept man.
- 1931, Grace Hegger Lewis, Half a Loaf, page 189:
- Don't see a movie in it myself, but those Hollywood ginks will take anything.
- 1973, Richard Cowper, Clone, Doubleday, page 33:
- No wonder the country's on its bloody knees! You ginks are a bloody disgrace to the human race!
- 1991, Stephen Fry, The Liar, p. 23:
- Adrian felt that it was he who had brought Tom into notice and popularity, that Tom was his own special creation. The silent spotty gink of the first year had been transformed into someone admired and imitated and Adrian wasn't sure how much he liked it.