Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the fact that they are powerful (similar to a cannon) yet are easily breakable (similar to glass).
- (role-playing games, board games, video games) A character or unit with strong offensive power but weak defensive capabilities.
- 2011, Roderic Waibel, Altus Adventum 2nd Edition Core Rulebook, Lulu.com (2011), →ISBN, page 183:
- We don't want Bryztak to be a glass cannon, so armor would be prudent.
- 2012, Lizzie Stark, Leaving Mundania: Inside the Transformative World of Live Action Role-Playing Games, Chicago Review Press (2012), →ISBN, page 238:
- A min-maxer might create a “glass cannon” character—one with lots of awesome offenses but next to no defense.
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:glass cannon.
- (gaming): tank