Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Britain, humorous) Decorative parallel stripes on the bodywork of a vehicle, imitating those found on racing cars.
1996 April 13, “Novelist Raffaella Barker remembers her father, the poet”, The Independent:
- Dad was the owner of a gold Ford Cortina with a black go-faster stripe and a raunchy-sounding engine.
- 1999, Mark Simpson, It's a Queer World
- Later, on the motorway, a car with go-faster stripes and spoilers overtakes us, horn blaring.
- 2003, Clare Morris, Quantitative Approaches in Business Studies
- Rather, when Mrs Lee orders a red GT model with electric windows, a heated driving seat and go-faster stripes...
- 2007, John Connolly, The Unquiet
- Even the dumbest criminal is likely to look in his rearview at some point, and think, I wonder is that the same '69 Mustang with go-faster stripes...