goober (plural goobers)
- (Southern US) A peanut.
- (slang) A foolish, simple, or amusingly silly person.
- 2012 August 5, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “I Love Lisa” (season 4, episode 15; originally aired 02/11/1993)”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- For Ralph, any encouragement is too much. When Lisa gives Ralph a valentine bearing that locomotive pun that so affected The Simpsons’ showrunner, Ralph misinterprets the gesture as a genuine display of romantic interest rather than a gesture of pity from a thoughtful young geek to a friendless goober.
- (slang, intransitive) To drool; to dribble.
- (slang, transitive) To drip or slather; to apply (some gooey substance) to a surface.