(Redirected from googlish)
- (Internet, informal) Resembling or in the manner of Google.
This is the Googlish way to do directory services.
2017, Robert E. Gutsche, Jr., Media Control: News as an Institution of Power and Social Control:
- "Innovation" has become a key word in journalism education, as schools attempt to create a Googlish culture that provides students with the ability to create their own platforms, technologies, and techniques for journalistic reporting and storytelling.
- (informal) The result of translating foreign-language text via any of various popular web-translation engines.
- (informal) A notional language, not quite identical to English, resembling the result of such translation.
2003 June 15, “SCO's evidence unveiled?”, in The Inquirer:
- One of our Austrian readers who speaks and writes excellent English has translated the German, and placed it here, if the Googlish translation is doing your brain in.