Jump to navigation Jump to search
grandcousin (plural grandcousins)
- The grandchild of a first cousin, or the first cousin of a grandparent; first cousin twice removed.
- 1993, Marjorie Ford, Jon Ford, & Ann Watters, Coming from Home: Readings for Writers, →ISBN, page 9:
- Just recently I learned that the star of the Johns Hopkins lacrosse team is the great-grandson of my first cousin Myrtle, which I suppose makes him my great-grandcousin.
- 1941, Jens Christian Bay, The Fortune of Books:
- This grandcousin of Christian Fenger's indeed was a brilliant man and went into great estate, but the rest of the Fenger family is curiously reticent about him.
- 2010, D. Alexander Holiday, In the Care of Strangers: The Autobiography of A Foster Child, →ISBN:
- Also, Aunt Maggie had a daughter, Janyce, who was warm like her mother, had a great relationship with her aunt Ava and Uncle Edwin, and even came out to the house quite often to visit with everyone, especially her grandcousin Sonya.
- 2014, Joy Nwosu Lo-Bamijoko, Legend of the Walking Dead: Igbo Mythologies, →ISBN:
- I would like to thank my brother Onuora Nwosu, my grandcousin, Mr. Tony Ikebudu, and my brother-in-law, Mr. Emma Nnedum, for making that connection for me.