Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Ireland) A band-collared shirt of flannel or brushed cotton.
- 2010, David Johns, Merger, →ISBN, page 46:
- I like nothing better than just to wear a grandfather shirt-- they are so big and comfortable.
- 2014, John Reed, House of Fun: The Story of Madness, →ISBN:
- And here was Suggs decked out in oxblood Doctor Marten's boots, a collarless grandfather shirt, khaki combat trousers and a silver bomber jacket depicting mod iconography from The Who's 1973 album Quadrophenia on the rear.
- 2016, Liz Nugent, Lying In Wait, →ISBN, page 34:
- 'I changed the sheets this morning,' she said, as she unbuttoned her grandfather shirt.