Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An Australian plant of the genus Xanthorrhoea (order: Asparagales, having a thick trunk crowned with a dense tuft of pendulous, grass-like leaves, from whose centre arises a long stem, bearing at its summit a dense flower spike looking somewhat like a large cat-tail.
- A similar Australian plant, Kingia australis (family: Dasypogonaceae).
- Dasylirion longissimum (family: Asparagaceae), the Mexican grass tree
- Dracophyllum (family: Ericaceae), a genus of about 100 species.
- Richea pandanifolia (family Ericaceae), the giant grass tree.