Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Covered with gravel.
2006 May 5, Harold Henderson, “Snips”, in Chicago Reader:
- The soldiers admitted that while they had the money to lay gravel on a particular road, they lacked the funds to pave it, even though all agreed that graveled roads offered easy concealment for IEDs.
- Perplexed, puzzled, baffled; troubled, annoyed.
1894, Anthony Hope, Dolly Dialogues:
- "The fracture is your making; the pin--" Here Miss Dolly interrupted; to tell the truth I was not sorry, for I was fairly graveled for the meaning of the pin.
1919, Christopher Darlington Morley, Mince Pie:
- 'Oh, yes,' says Jan. Pond was graveled; didn't know just what to do.