Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic) A large number or amount.
- Mind you, clothes were clothes in those days. There was a great deal of them, lavish both in material and in workmanship.
- 1996, Kevin Hogan, The psychology of persuasion, page 60:
- Physicians wield a great deal of power.
- 2008, Andrzej Nowak, History and geopolitics: a contest for Eastern Europe, page 195:
- The low-keyed vision of Poland as a small and humble supplicant of the European Union still has a great deal of supporters.