Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Greenway
greenway (plural greenways)
- A corridor of undeveloped or park land.
- 2007 July 27, Robin Finn, “A Serious Obsession With Playgrounds”, in New York Times:
- “Conservation is protecting land, with its inherent flora and fauna, from development, but our mission here is preserving land for the human population to connect with again in a way that people used to,” she says, seated beneath a Rosie-the-Riveter statuette and a pair of gold boxing gloves that signify her drawn-out efforts to raise the $15 million necessary to open the Gynns Falls Trail, a 14-mile urban greenway in her native Baltimore that took 12 years instead of the three she had predicted.
- 2008 February 24, Abby Goodnough, “Boston Has High Hopes Now That the Dig Is Done”, in New York Times:
- More than 1,300 trees have been planted along the greenway.