Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹoʊsəɹiz/, /ˈɡɹoʊʃ(ə)ɹiz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹəʊs(ə)ɹiz/, /ˈɡɹəʊs(ə)ɹɪz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: gro‧cer‧ies
- plural of grocery
- There were two competing groceries in the neighborhood, but neither of them had tasty food.
groceries pl (plural only)
- The commodities sold by a grocer or in a grocery store.
- She carried a sack of groceries in from her car and placed it on the kitchen table.
commodities sold by a grocer or in a grocery
plural of grocery (store)
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of grocery
- English terms derived from Proto-Indo-European
- English terms derived from the Proto-Indo-European root *gʰer-
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English non-lemma forms
- English noun forms
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English pluralia tantum
- English verb forms
- English plurals ending in "-ies"