Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹoʊsəɹiz/, /ˈɡɹoʊʃ(ə)ɹiz/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹəʊs(ə)ɹiz/, /ˈɡɹəʊs(ə)ɹɪz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: gro‧cer‧ies
- The commodities sold by a grocer or in a grocery store.
- She carried a sack of groceries in from her car and placed it on the kitchen table.
- plural of Multiple retailers of groceries.
- There were two competing groceries in the neighborhood, but neither of them earned any profit.
commodities sold by a grocer or in a grocery