Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹoʊɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹəʊɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊɪŋ
- growth; increase
- 1852, Henry Howe, Historical Collections of the Great West:
- Some of these unhappy emigrants felt a general sinking of all their mental and bodily energies, without, however, experiencing the growings of hunger.
- The raising of plants.
- The growing season here begins in March.
connected with growing
- “growing”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.
- “growing”, in Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire: Cambridge University Press, 1999–present.
- “growing”, in Collins English Dictionary.
- “growing”, in Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: Merriam-Webster, 1996–present.