Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈha.bə.d͡ʒən/, /həˈbɜː.dʒən/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhæ.bɚ.d͡ʒən/, /həˈbɝ.dʒən/
habergeon (plural habergeons)
- (historical) A sleeveless coat of mail armour.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), London: […] Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, Nehemiah 4:16, column 1:
- And it came to paſſe from that time forth, that the halfe of my ſeruants wrought in the worke, and the other halfe of them held both the ſpeares, the ſhields and the bowes, and the habergeons, and the rulers were behind all the houſe of Iudah.
- Alternative form of