Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
handfed (not comparable)
- (of an animal or machine) Fed by hand.
1880 December 1, Blackwood's Magazine, volume 128, page 759:
- We are in the great preserves, where hares in herds and troops of handfed pheasants invite the attention of banded poachers, and provoke heartburnings in parishes that ought to be peaceful.
2007, Mattie Sue Athan, Guide to a Well-Behaved Parrot, page 2:
- A handfed baby parrot represents days, weeks, years of feeding, cleaning, and care cycles.
2011, Nikki Moustaki, Parrots For Dummies:
- A handfed parrot is one that has been taken from the nest at a young age and fed by hand by a human.
- simple past tense and past participle of