have it large
- (idiomatic) To engage intensely in pleasure-seeking activities
1999, Mick Middles, Manic Street Preachers, page 193:
- Unlike Oasis, the point wasn't simply to have it large and live a whacked-out existence as professional rock stars.
- 1999, Jeremy Gilbert, Ewan Pearson, Discographies: Dance Music, Culture, and the Politics of Sound, page 28
- […] that cultural theorists could be forgiven for thinking that every young Briton between the ages of 15 and 25 was out having it large.
2006, Bill Sanders, Drugs, Clubs And Young People: Sociological and Public Health Perspectives, page xi:
- On the dance floor, people are having it large: hands in the air, whooping and yelling, boogieing in a sweaty drug fueled mass.