- obtuse; dull
- (botany) Having a dull or blunt and soft point.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Gray to this entry?)
- (transitive) To render obtuse; to dull; to blunt.
- to hebetate the intellectual faculties
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Southey to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.