Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: hide away
hideaway (plural hideaways)
- a hiding place, somewhere one can go to get away from other people
- This weekend, let's find some romantic hideaway on the coast.
a hiding place
hideaway (not comparable)
- Capable of being stored out of sight when not in use.
- 1980, Making of America Project, House Beautiful: Volume 122:
- Furnishings by Stanley Furniture Co. include […] a trundle bed with hideaway mattress that provides space for two overnight guests.
- 2006, Dr Ben Lerner, Angle of Yaw, page 53:
- Thomas Jefferson, who held the first United States patent on a hideaway bed, devised a system of elevating and securing the bed to the ceiling.