Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Homocaust
- (rare) A systematic persecution of homosexuals, especially the one which occurred in Nazi Germany (the Homocaust), when seen as constituting systematic destruction of them.
- 2006, Florence Tamagne, A history of homosexuality in Europe: Berlin, London, Paris, 1919-1939 (Algora Publishing, ISBN 9780875863559), page 397:
- To speak of a "final solution" or a "homocaust" for homosexuals is an absurdity that denigrates the homosexual cause.
- 2013, The Hidden Holocaust? (ISBN 1134260989), page 5
- Another view sometimes heard is that the Nazis' loudly trumpeted policy of 'eradicating' homosexuality amounted to a ‘homocaust’ somehow comparable to the extermination of the Jews.
a systematic persecution of homosexuals — See also translations at Homocaust