Jump to navigation Jump to search
- howdie (noun)
Shortened form of "how d'ye (do)" (i.e. how do you do).
- (chiefly US, informal) An informal greeting.
- Howdy folks, and welcome to our ninth annual chili cookoff!
- Sranan Tongo: odi
hi — see hi
- (transitive) To greet informally, especially by saying "howdy"
- 2016, Brynn Bonner, Dead in a Flash, page 249:
- I stood up for the kid and it got ugly, with accusations being thrown in both directions. So the sheriff and I weren't exactly on howdying terms when that fire happened.
howdy (plural howdies)