Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To hunt something and capture or kill it.
- (transitive) To destroy by persecution or violence.
- (transitive, colloquial) To find with difficulty.
- I managed to hunt down a surviving copy of the magazine.
- 2013 July 26, Nick Miroff, “Mexico gets a taste for eating insects …”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 7, page 32:
- The San Juan market is Mexico City's most famous deli of exotic meats, where an adventurous shopper can hunt down hard-to-find critters such as ostrich, wild boar and crocodile.