Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The earthquake destroyed several apartment complexes.
- (intransitive) To cause destruction.
- Hooligans destroy unprovoked.
- (transitive) To neutralize, undo a property or condition.
- Smoking destroys the natural subtlety of the palate.
- (transitive) To put down or euthanize.
- Destroying a rabid dog is required by law.
- (transitive) To severely disrupt the well-being of (a person); ruin.
- Her divorce destroyed her; she had a nervous breakdown and was severely depressed for more than a year.
- (colloquial, transitive) To defeat soundly.
- (computing, transitive) To remove data.
- The memory leak happened because we forgot to destroy the temporary lists.
to damage beyond use or repair
to cause destruction
to put down or euthanize (e.g. an animal)
(computing) to remove data (e.g., from memory)
(colloquial) to defeat soundly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked