Jump to navigation Jump to search
- neutralise (non-Oxford British spelling)
- (transitive) To make even, inactive or ineffective.
- The antidote neutralised the toxin.
- (transitive) To make (a territory, etc.) politically neutral.
- 1965, United States. Congress. Senate, Hearings (volume 1, page 77)
- (transitive, chemistry) To make (an acidic or alkaline substance) chemically neutral.
- All the powers involved are committed not only to stay out of a given territory, but also to reenter it if any one of them violates the independence of the neutralized country.
- (transitive, military, euphemistic) To kill.
to make even, inactive or ineffective